Harald Staff

Yes, with a simple macro. Rightclick the sheet tab, choose "view code",
paste this in the

If Target.Address < "$C$1" Then Range("C1").Value = Now
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"DWilliams" skrev i melding
Thanks Chip for your response. My problems is i have my student file set

up
to where it automatically enters a test score date once the test score is
entered. however i have discovered the dates change every time i reopen

the
worksheet the following day the formula is:
=IF(P25="","",NOW())
is there a way to have the date automatically enter and not change?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can enter the date with CTRL+<semi-colon . It will not
update.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"DWilliams" wrote in
message
How do i automatically enter a date that does not change
everyday like it
does with the now() function?
--
DW