Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP

=VLOOKUP(B7,C4:D33,2,0), how can I modify this so that it works when B7 is on
Sheet 1 but C4:D33 are on Sheet 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=VLOOKUP('Sheet 1'!B7,'Sheet 2'!C4:D33,2,0)

Another handy trick is that when you're building the formula, you can select
another worksheet and cells, and still be 'writing' the formula in your
starting sheet.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Workbook" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(B7,C4:D33,2,0), how can I modify this so that it works when B7 is on
Sheet 1 but C4:D33 are on Sheet 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

the answer depends on which sheet your formula is in:

If the formula is in Sheet2:

=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!B7,C4:D33,2,)
or
=LOOKUP(Sheet1!B7,C4:D33)

If the formula is in Sheet1:

=VLOOKUP(B7,Sheet2!C4:D33,2,)
or
=LOOKUP(B7,Sheet2!C4:D33)

If the formula is in Sheet3:

=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!B7,Sheet2!C4:D33,2,)
or
=LOOKUP(Sheet1!B7,Sheet2!C4:D33)

So as Luke indicated the best way to build formulas is to point and click.
In otherwords start by typing =VLOOKUP( and then click the sheet tab and
then select the cell(s) you want and continue.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Workbook" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(B7,C4:D33,2,0), how can I modify this so that it works when B7 is on
Sheet 1 but C4:D33 are on Sheet 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you. I was referencing column B (the width was 1) but putting the
contents in Column C, and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work when I
was doing it initially. Thanks man for helping me get clarity!