Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formating

I have two dependent pick lists (the selection in the first pick list
generates the second pick list). I would like to set up conditional color
formating so if the first pick list is altered from its original choice and
the second pick list is not updated, that the cell changes color.

Thank you for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you can have an additional column next to one of your picklists, the you
can CF that.
In the first cell of the column have a formula that checks the same cell on
the other list : =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"","NO MATCH")
you can substitute the "NO MATCH" for a simple period or a number....
then conditional format that column to change the cell color if it
encounters the "NO MATCH" - or whatever you have chosen.
HTH
Driftwood

"ASYDNEY" wrote:

I have two dependent pick lists (the selection in the first pick list
generates the second pick list). I would like to set up conditional color
formating so if the first pick list is altered from its original choice and
the second pick list is not updated, that the cell changes color.

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This all depends on how you've defined the source for the 2nd list.

Let's assume you have selections for list1:

Cars
Trucks

If Car is selected then the dependent list2 has these selections:

Chevy
Ford
Mopar

So you select Ford. Then you change your mind and select Trucks from list1.
However, list2 still has Ford selected and Ford is not a valid selection for
Trucks. And, if you have calculations based on these selections these
mis-matched selections can cause all sorts of problems.

So, to make a specific suggestion on how to fix this you need to provide a
lot more detail.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP