Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Driftwood Driftwood is offline

Default Conditional Formating

If you can have an additional column next to one of your picklists, the you
can CF that.
In the first cell of the column have a formula that checks the same cell on
the other list : =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"","NO MATCH")
you can substitute the "NO MATCH" for a simple period or a number....
then conditional format that column to change the cell color if it
encounters the "NO MATCH" - or whatever you have chosen.
HTH
Driftwood

"ASYDNEY" wrote:

I have two dependent pick lists (the selection in the first pick list
generates the second pick list). I would like to set up conditional color
formating so if the first pick list is altered from its original choice and
the second pick list is not updated, that the cell changes color.

Thank you for your help