Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
d7 d7 is offline

Default Subtotal by 2 different criteria

Sorry didnt explain my last post very well, on the sheet i have it is about
10,000 lines with around 300 different suppliers, what im after is an
extension to the normal subtotal, I can do a subtotal at each change in
supplier to give me the overall total underneath each supplier, but within
that i need a subtotal under each change in month.
List A shows the kind of data i have as an example (but this list is 10,000
lines and 300 suppliers)
List B is what im after as a result

LIST A
Supplier Date Amount
ste01 01/01/2009 1
ste01 06/01/2009 45
ste01 10/01/2009 1558
ste01 01/02/2009 15
ste01 17/02/2009 15
ste01 18/02/2009 48
ste01 19/02/2009 57
ste01 20/02/2009 2
zed01 01/01/2009 37
zed01 02/01/2009 41
zed01 06/01/2009 42
zed01 25/02/2009 4
zed01 26/02/2009 24
zed01 01/03/2009 2
zed01 02/03/2009 7
zed01 03/03/2009 75
zed01 04/03/2009 58

LIST B
Supplier Date Amount
ste01 01/01/2009 1
ste01 06/01/2009 45
ste01 10/01/2009 1558
Subtotal Jan09 - 1604
ste01 01/02/2009 15
ste01 17/02/2009 15
ste01 18/02/2009 48
ste01 19/02/2009 57
ste01 20/02/2009 2
Subtotal Feb09 - 137

Overall Total ste01 - 1741
zed01 01/01/2009 37
zed01 02/01/2009 41
zed01 06/01/2009 42
Subtotal Jan09 - 120
zed01 25/02/2009 4
zed01 26/02/2009 24
Subtotal Feb09 - 28
zed01 01/03/2009 2
zed01 02/03/2009 7
zed01 03/03/2009 75
zed01 04/03/2009 58
Subtotal Mar09 - 142
Overall Total zed01 - 290

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use a helper column, say D, enter header text (say Month) in D1, formula in D2:
=TEXT(B2,"mmmyy")
fill it down to the last row,
select A1
DataSubtotalBy Supplier, with Sum function, columns to be totalled Amount,
Replace subtotals checked
DataSubtotalBy Month, with Sum function, columns to be totalled Amount,
Replace subtotals UNCHECKED

Regards,
Stefi

d7 ezt *rta:

Sorry didnt explain my last post very well, on the sheet i have it is about
10,000 lines with around 300 different suppliers, what im after is an
extension to the normal subtotal, I can do a subtotal at each change in
supplier to give me the overall total underneath each supplier, but within
that i need a subtotal under each change in month.
List A shows the kind of data i have as an example (but this list is 10,000
lines and 300 suppliers)
List B is what im after as a result

LIST A