Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AND AND is offline

Default db count if...

hello,
I got this data:
Name AK COD data
pino 16 PD 1302
pino 21 PC 1402
pino 16 MI 1602
pino 16 CHI 1602
pino 03 MI 1602
ciccio 12 MZ 1302
luise 04 MZ2 1302
luise 41 MZ2 1302

I wish count for the first time each number of "name", and then how many
value it has for each limitation selectioned.
I don't wanna use filter on becouse the data are thousands and I have to
count hundreds of "name".

So for example, If I wish count:
how many "PINO" WITH
AK=16 and
COD=MI

the result is:
TOT PINO(for example in H2)= 6
and
Pino(with AK=16 and COD=MI)=2
and
Pino(with AK=16 )=4
Please help me .
I don't know how I can solve this trouble.
thanks a lot for your help.

-----
Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For how many "PINO" WITH
AK=16 and
COD=MI

use
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="PINO"),--(B1:B1000=16),--(C1:C1000="MI"))
Change 1000 to the last row in your data set.

Instead of "PINO" you can use A2 which contains PINO, instead of 16 you can
use B2 which contains 16 and so on...

For how many "PINO" WITH
AK=16
use
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="PINO"),--(B1:B1000=16))

"AND" wrote:

hello,
I got this data:
Name AK COD data
pino 16 PD 1302
pino 21 PC 1402
pino 16 MI 1602
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First of all, highlight all the data (including the header row), then
click on Insert | Name | Create. Ensure that only Top Row is checked,
then click OK - this will have named the ranges, so it is a bit easier
to work with than range references. Then you can use SUMPRODUCT like
this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Name="Pino"))

to tell you how many records have Pino in the Name column, or:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Name="Pino"),--(AK=16))

to give you a count of Name containing Pino with AK column containing
16, or:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Name="Pino"),--(AK=16),--(COD="MI"))

to count how many Names have Pino with AK set to 16 and COD column
containing MI.

You could put Pino in H1, 16 in H2 and MI in H3, for example, and then
the last one becomes:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Name=H1),--(AK=H2),--(COD=H3))

then you can vary the entries in H1:H3 without having to amend the
formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete