Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Member numbers?

Hello,
Need some help. What I'm trying to do is count the members number like
below. I have my data set sorted by member number asc and admit date sorted
asc. So the 1,2,3,4..etc would be in starting in cell C2...Thank you for your
help

123456 1
123456 2
123456 3
123456 4
456789 1
456789 2
567894 1
887459 1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lime" wrote in message
Hello,
Need some help. What I'm trying to do is count the members number like
below. I have my data set sorted by member number asc and admit date
sorted
asc. So the 1,2,3,4..etc would be in starting in cell C2...Thank you for
your
help

123456 1
123456 2