Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting

I am trying to set up a sales order, I need to set up a formula that if they
answer yes, then the qty from one column will be transferred to another
column.

Example if they answer yes to glazing in J10, then F25 will equal B25.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

In F25:

=IF(J10="Yes", B25, "")

In article ,
JenOrr wrote:

I am trying to set up a sales order, I need to set up a formula that if they
answer yes, then the qty from one column will be transferred to another
column.

Example if they answer yes to glazing in J10, then F25 will equal B25.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked but if they answer no, it puts #VALUE! in my total column

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

In F25:

=IF(J10="Yes", B25, "")

In article ,
JenOrr wrote:

I am trying to set up a sales order, I need to set up a formula that if they
answer yes, then the qty from one column will be transferred to another
column.

Example if they answer yes to glazing in J10, then F25 will equal B25.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

what is the formula in your total column?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JenOrr" wrote:

That worked but if they answer no, it puts #VALUE! in my total column

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

In F25:

=IF(J10="Yes", B25, "")

In article ,
JenOrr wrote:

I am trying to set up a sales order, I need to set up a formula that if they
answer yes, then the qty from one column will be transferred to another
column.

Example if they answer yes to glazing in J10, then F25 will equal B25.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Change it to this, then:

=IF(J10="Yes", B25, 0)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 16, 7:53*pm, JenOrr wrote:
That worked but if they answer no, it puts #VALUE! in my total column

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:
One way:

In F25:

* *=IF(J10="Yes", B25, "")

In article ,
*JenOrr wrote:

I am trying to set up a sales order, I need to set up a formula that if they
answer yes, then the qty from one column will be transferred to another
column.

Example if they answer yes to glazing in J10, then F25 will equal B25..- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In article ,
JenOrr wrote:

That worked but if they answer no, it puts #VALUE! in my total column

Math operators will give a #VALUE! error if one of the arguments is text.

One way around it would be to use SUM(A1:B1) instead of A1+B1.

Another would be to replace the "" with zero.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conditional formatting doesn't change the value in a cell, merely the format
of the display.
You need an IF formula. The syntax of the IF function, and examples, are
shown in Excel help.
--
David Biddulph