Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formatting the Cell color directly in an IF formula

Hi all,
I have the problem to format a cell directly within an IF Formula.
I think I have seen once something similar to IF (A1<10; [red]ok;
[yellow]NOK), so without using a conditional formatting.
Can any of You help me or let me know I am crazy?
thank You in advance
Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As far as i know you can't use that notation to colour a cell in a an IF
formula, you would have to use conditional formatting or use code for a
SELECT CASE statement in the worksheet change or calculation event.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=64489

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You saw correctly. Here is an example:

[<10][Red]"OK";[Yellow]"NOK"

Select the cells to format. To set this up choose Format, Cells, Number
tab, Custom and enter the above on the Type line.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire