Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help not excel smart

Hello
I would like to type a code into a cell that would then paste text from
another sheet.
Is this possible if so what is the formula.

Example: I would like to enter this code ARTW1G1
and then the text entered into that cell would be
Joe attended ART lead by Jane (RCC). The learned the SLT skill Helping others.

Does what i am asking make sense. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could do this with a worksheet_change event looking up the text. Show us
the layout of the text tables.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Theresa" wrote in message
Hello
I would like to type a code into a cell that would then paste text from
another sheet.
Is this possible if so what is the formula.

Example: I would like to enter this code ARTW1G1
and then the text entered into that cell would be
Joe attended ART lead by Jane (RCC). The learned the SLT skill Helping
others.

Does what i am asking make sense. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The auto correct suggestion wont work. I think I probably wont be able to
figure this one out or I did not explain my self correctly which is probably
the case.

On sheet one I would like to have a list of text pre typed and on sheet 2
staff would enter the text for the code i have created on sheet 1 and fill in
the blank as the information they are documenting will change daily and
weekly. I just want to help them save time typing as basic format for which
they type information does not change but behaviors and responses do.
Thanks again.

"Theresa" wrote in message
Hello
I would like to type a code into a cell that would then paste text from
another sheet.
Is this possible if so what is the formula.

Example: I would like to enter this code ARTW1G1
and then the text entered into that cell would be
Joe attended ART lead by Jane (RCC). The learned the SLT skill Helping
others.

Does what i am asking make sense. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Still unclear. It may be helpful to send your workbook to my address below
along with a clear explanation and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel