Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting cells for letters and numbers

I would like to be able to enter 'F0708' in a cell and have it display as
'F-07-08' but can't figure out how to accomplish that.

Can this be done and, if so, how? I'm totally stumped! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No. Cell formatting works for numbers, but if you have text, that is what
you see.

If you've put F0708 in a cell and you want to see F-07-08, you probably need
another cell with something like
=LEFT(A1)&"-"&MID(A1,2,2)&"-"&RIGHT(A1,2)
--
David Biddulph