Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using function on column?

I am using this function =IF(ISBLANK($C8),($E8),($E8)) on individual cells
and it is working fine. My issue is when refreshing the data I won't know
how many cells will need the function. Can I use a similar function on an
entire column?
Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your goal is unclear. Mike has pointed out one of the problems, but in
addition what do you mean by "can I use a similar function on the whole
column" As stated the answer is just copy the formula all the way down the
column.

You should probably revise the formula to read

=IF(ISBLANK($C8),$E8,"")

or

=IF(C8="",E8,"")

Cheers,