Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KarenABS KarenABS is offline

Default Using function on column?

Boy I just keep finding out what I don't know!!!
Could you help me to say if it is not blank then do the copy?

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Your goal is unclear. Mike has pointed out one of the problems, but in
addition what do you mean by "can I use a similar function on the whole
column" As stated the answer is just copy the formula all the way down the
column.

You should probably revise the formula to read

=IF(ISBLANK($C8),$E8,"")

or

=IF(C8="",E8,"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"KarenABS" wrote:

I am using this function =IF(ISBLANK($C8),($E8),($E8)) on individual cells
and it is working fine. My issue is when refreshing the data I won't know
how many cells will need the function. Can I use a similar function on an
entire column?
Thanks, Karen