Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Swapping two word and placing them in another cell

I have two words in one cell and would like to swap them and place them in
another cell eg Allan Smith and I would like it to say Smith Allan.

Once this is done I would then like the two words into two seperate cells.

How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One play
Assuming data in A2 down, with a single space between words
this directly gives you the final output (Smith in B2, Allan in C2)
In B2: =RIGHT(TRIM(A2),LEN(TRIM(A2))-SEARCH(" ",TRIM(A2)))
In C2: =LEFT(TRIM(A2),LEN(TRIM(A2))-SEARCH(" ",TRIM(A2)))
Copy B2:C2 down
--
Max
Singapore