Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Swapping two words in one cell

I have two words in one cell and would like to swap them and place them in
another cell eg Allan Smith and I would like it to say Smith Allan.

Once this is done I would then like the two words into two seperete cells.

How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

=MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1))

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Christie" wrote in message
I have two words in one cell and would like to swap them and place them in
another cell eg Allan Smith and I would like it to say Smith Allan.

Once this is done I would then like the two words into two seperete cells.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=RIGHT(E12,LEN(E12)-SEARCH(" ",E12)) & " " & LEFT(E12,SEARCH("
",E12)-1)
You can put it into two cells by using the Right and Left parts of the
code separately.

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113