Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Splitting the Year from Dates

Hello,

How do I split the year for dates. The purpose is to prevent viewers from
reformatting the date to find out the year.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, all dates in Excel contain a year. You could look at using text,
rather than dates, or protecting the cell. Or tell us more about what you
need to do. There'll be a solution.

Regards,
Fred.

"Mollas" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I split the year for dates. The purpose is to prevent viewers from
reformatting the date to find out the year.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are quite a few ways to achieve this. One way

=TEXT(A1,"mmm-dd"), then copy, paste specialvalues on same cell and
remove entry in A1.

Paul