Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Splitting Year from Dates

Hello,

How do I split the year from a date. Example I will need to extract 2/23
and leave out 1978. The purpose is so that viewers can not reformat the text
to find out the year.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MONTH(A1)&"/"&DAY(A1)
Then you could Copy & Paste Special - Values
but this will be text so no calculations are possible
or, Maybe Hide column A
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mollas" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I split the year from a date. Example I will need to extract 2/23
and leave out 1978. The purpose is so that viewers can not reformat the
text
to find out the year.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do I split the year from a date. Example I will need to extract
2/23 and leave out 1978. The purpose is so that viewers can not
reformat the text to find out the year.

If dates are in column A, one way is to put this in B1
=IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",TEXT(A1,"m/yy"))
and then copy down as far as needed.

Then select column B id use
Edit Copy