Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match two values

I'm trying to update a new spreadsheet and need to match two values from the
old spreadsheet.

Example

B1 C1 D1
ABC Insurance $100
DEF Insurance $200
ABC Taxes $300

In the new spreadsheet, the columns B and C are the same - I just need to
update the number for D. How do I write a formula to match both the value in
B1 and C1 and return the value in D1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this
Sheet 1 - old values

In sheet 2 , Cell D1 put this formula
=INDEX(Sheet1!D$1:D$3,MATCH(B1,Sheet1!B$1:B$3,0)*M ATCH(C1,Sheet1!C$1:C
$3,0),0)