Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I match values in one spreadsheet to values in another?

I am trying to match some numbers from a column in one spreadsheet to the
numbers from another spreadsheet. I basically want to match up which numbers
are in both lists. I also want to bring the information from other columns
with that number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

vlookup is your friend

=VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 1'!A:B,2,FALSE)

where by A1 is the value you need to look up

Sheet 1 is where you're looking into. Column 1 is always the "looked
up" range and the 2 is the column number of where the information you
wish to pull back is held.

Make sure you enter false at the end so that you don't have to worry
about the list being sorted.

If it comes back as #n/a then the value doesn't exist in the reference
range.

--
mr_ben
mr_ben's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37106