Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

311 M6
311 Q0
311 C2
311 W1
311 DK
311 QV
311 IX
311 35

I am looking for a formula that will create Table 3 below - showing a count
for each ID, how many Codes are listed in Table 1. One of my issues is that
the Code can be upper and lower case - eg I could have codes AB, Ab, aB, and
ab - the formula in table 3 needs to differentiate and find an exact match.

Table3
ID CodeCount
311 2
919 2

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Formula Needed

Assumed Table 1 is in range A1:A8

Table 2 is Range C1:D20

use help column next to Table 2 .
In cell E1 put this formula and drag it down
Array function use ctrl + shift + enter

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(TRUE,EXACT(D1,$A$1:$A$8),0)),0,1 )

and now use

Assumed Table 3 is starts at Range A10
in Cell B10 put this formula

=SUMIF(C1:C20,A12,E1:E20)