Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using IF to compare multiple cells to one another

I'm trying to compare one set of phone #'s to another and delete the ones
that match. My problem is that the phone numbers will not be in the same row.
Example
# 555-5555 might be in row 15 in one column but might be in row 396 in the
other column.

I'm not very experienced with excell but I have used the IF function before.
However, I've never used it to compare multiple cells to one another. What
formula can I use to compare the two columns and then delete the ones that
match. Or, If deleting is not possible, then a simple indication if they
match or not will do.

My second problem is that I'm getting the numbers that need to be checked
with my database from an external source. I'm using Excell 2000 and the
import is so large that it does not fit on the spreedsheet. The import wizard
is telling me I can download what was not possible to fit on one sheet using
the import wizard but I have no clue on how to do that. Any suggestions?