Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Eliminate Blank Columns

I am using Excel 2003. In one spreadsheet, I am using columns A to AM. The
sheet, however, shows all the columns out to IK. It would be very helpful to
eliminate the excess columns (AN to IK) so that shhet navigation would work
only with the columns in use. Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I think you'll find the columns run to IV.

Select all columns to the right of AM by clicking the header letter and
holding down the left mouse button and dragging right. After selecting, right
click anywhere in the selected range and then hide the columns you don't want.

Alternatively leave column AN visible and right click your sheet tab, view
code and paste this in. as soon as you enter column AN the selection moves to
column A 1 row down.

If Target.Column = 40 Then
Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select

Mike

"grseiler" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. In one spreadsheet, I am using columns A to AM. The
sheet, however, shows all the columns out to IK. It would be very helpful to
eliminate the excess columns (AN to IK) so that shhet navigation would work
only with the columns in use. Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select all columns to the right of AM by clicking the header letter and
holding down the left mouse button and dragging right.

Easier would be to click the AM header to select Column AM, then hold down
the Shift key and hit the End key followed by the Right Arrow key, then
release the Shift key.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)