Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can i make text in cells c60@n60 bold & black if sum of C59 is gre

I'v ebeen trying to work this out but honestly i'm more face to face than
cell to cell! Can anyone advise me? I'm using MSOffice 2007
--
Doing someowt is better than doing nowt!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Isn't the text already black? That's the default text color.

Try this:

Select the range of cells C60:N60
Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=N($C$59)1
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Spartan C10" wrote:

I'v ebeen trying to work this out but honestly i'm more face to face than
cell to cell! Can anyone advise me? I'm using MSOffice 2007
--
Doing someowt is better than doing nowt!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use conditional formatting. Highlight cells c60:n60. Use FormatConditional
Formatting...Formula is:

=$C$591
(format bold, black)

Regards,
Fred.

"Spartan C10" wrote:

I'v ebeen trying to work this out but honestly i'm more face to face than
cell to cell! Can anyone advise me? I'm using MSOffice 2007
--
Doing someowt is better than doing nowt!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can i make text in cells c60@n60 bold & black if sum of C59 is

Thanks for this one, it works in cells where i only have numbers, but where
there is descriptive text the formatting isn't applied. I'm in UK so sorry
about the time difference.

Any ideas?

--

"Spartan C10" wrote:

I'v ebeen trying to work this out but honestly i'm more face to face than
cell to cell! Can anyone advise me? I'm using MSOffice 2007
--
Doing someowt is better than doing nowt!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming I understand you correctly, in C60, use a conditional format of :

=AND(N($C$59)1,NOT(ISTEXT(C60)))

and copy across the formatting.

Regards,
Fred.