Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default getting excel to recognise copied data as mm:ss not hh:mm

I have copied track information from iTunes into Excel but it is reading the
track length as hours and minutes when it is in format 04:32. How do I get it
to read this as minutes and seconds so that I can organise lists and do sums
on total running time.

Thanks
--
Ravi B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to divide everything by 60. If you don't need the data to be
constantly uploaded, type 60 in a cell, copy it, then select all your track
data, right click. Select the "divide" option.

Now, to make it look nice, format cells, choose custom, and type
mm:ss

Excel now knows you're dealing with minutes & seconds, and will display it
the same way you're used to.

Alternative if you plan on updating list frequently is to just divinde you
math functions by 60.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Ravi B" wrote:

I have copied track information from iTunes into Excel but it is reading the
track length as hours and minutes when it is in format 04:32. How do I get it
to read this as minutes and seconds so that I can organise lists and do sums
on total running time.

Thanks
--
Ravi B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You won't find a Divide option on the shortcut menu, instead choose Paste
Special, and double-click the word Divide.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire