Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Having to Press F2 to recognise data from another sheet in Excel

Hi there,
I don't know whether anyone can help me or not. However, if there are any
Excel experts out there, I am a little stuck.

I download some information from an Access into Sheet A.
I then have to pull the information from Sheet A into Sheet B using the
following formula

=SUMIF('Sheet A'!$E:$E,CONCATENATE($B3,"$",D$2),'Sheet A'!$D:$D)

This does not enter the information into Sheet B until you go back into the
cell in Sheet A and press F2 to edit and then press Enter.

Is there a way of preventing this?

If not, how can I produce a macro to allow me to automatically. When I
record one it comes up with this:

Range("D2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "44160"
Range("D3").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "21600"
Range("D4").Select

I would appreciate some assistance if possible...

Cheers
AJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Having to Press F2 to recognise data from another sheet in Exc

I am trying to manipulate the information....

ie.. If Delivery date is equal to "*" and Item Code is equal to "*" then
enter the Delivery Qty from this line to this cell...

It is quite complex for me and I have had a bit of help..

Without showing the actual spreadsheet, it is difficult to describe..

"AJButler" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're seeing the formula and not the results, then make sure the cells are
formatted as General (or anything but Text) and then
Select those cells
Edit|Replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: =
replace all

Excel will see that you've reentered each formula.

If you what excel evaluates the formula, but it isn't correct, then make sure
that calculation is set to automatic.
(Tools|Options|Calculation tab)

If you have calculation set to automatic and still see the incorrect results,
then select the cells and do that edit|replace stuff. Excel will still
reevaluate each formula.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cells in the sheet I am trying to pull the information into have a '0' in
it.
I tried the 'replace' suggestion you mentioned, but there isn't an '=' in
the cells.

Do you have anymore suggestions?

AJButler wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you would like to have a look at the spreadsheet I am refering to, I have
attached a link and you may be able to see what I am talking about. Just
don't try to refresh of run the macros as you will not be able to do this.

Sheet A is 'Deliveries Download' and Sheet B is 'SONOCO Deliveries'.
Each sheet after this picks up the deliveries from the 'SONOCO Deliveries'
sheet.

The link I have created is:

http://www.molgen.mpg.de/cgi-bin/web...4_Schedule.xls

This might help explain things a little clearer...

Cheers