Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional Formatting based on a value in another cell

I want to put a green data bar if the value in R30 is 0 or a Red data bar if
R30 is < 0 , and finally a yellow data bar if R30 = 0.

I am calculating math test scores.

Thanks
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use conditional formatting:

Condition1: Formula Is: =R300
(format green)

Add
Condition2: Formula Is: =R30<0
(format red)

Add
Condition3: Formula Is: =R30=0
(format yellow)

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Brian" wrote:

I want to put a green data bar if the value in R30 is 0 or a Red data bar if
R30 is < 0 , and finally a yellow data bar if R30 = 0.

I am calculating math test scores.

Thanks
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the entire range of cells you want to apply this CF. Go to Format|
Conditional Formatting. You can define your three conditions here. If you
encounter any problem, post here
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Brian" wrote:

I want to put a green data bar if the value in R30 is 0 or a Red data bar if
R30 is < 0 , and finally a yellow data bar if R30 = 0.

I am calculating math test scores.

Thanks
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you please explain what do you mean by: "Green arrow".
You already changed the color so they are distinctive, what would be the
function of this green arrow? Unless you want to define another condition.
--

"Brian" wrote:

I want to put a green data bar if the value in R30 is 0 or a Red data bar if
R30 is < 0 , and finally a yellow data bar if R30 = 0.

I am calculating math test scores.

Thanks
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I do apologize, ok I just got the final instructions.

ok, if Q30 is <Q29 then red data bar
if Q30 is Q29 then green data bar
If Q30 = Q29 then orange data bar.

The Percent values are in the Q Columns,

Now in the R colum, now I have merged R29 & R30 into one cell, so in the
merged cell if Q29Q30 then green up arrow ( under icon sets)
if Q29<Q30 then Red Down aarow

Finally, how do I apply these formats from Q28 back up to Q5 the same with
the merged cells in the R column.

thank you
Brian