Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format a Concatenated cell

I want to concatenate three letters and three numbers i.e.

BLA001

But I can't seem to format the cell to produce this. does anyone have
any ideas?

or is there an easier way?

The next number would be BLA002 and so on.

--
Timbo
Timbo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=24

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Where is the BLA coming from? Will that change? If not, you can use
custom cell formatting to create that reference.

Put the number 1 in the cell, then click CTRL-1 to open the Format Cell
box.

Select Number: Custom and in the TYPE: box put this:

BLA000

Those are three zeros at the end. The cell will now display as BLA001.
If you add 1 to it, it will become BLA002. In fact if that were cell A1,
in A2 you could put

=A1+1

....and it would still display as BLA002...as long as all those cells
are using that same custom format.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73