Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number Formatting in a concatenated cell

I want to format the number from a cell as currency.

Example of my formula: =CONCATENATE("This is how much it costs:",A1)
The cell A1 is fomatted as currency but returns a general number. I need it
to be currency in the Concatenated cell.

ibgolfn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it like this:

="This is how much it costs: "&IF(COUNT(A1),TEXT(A1,"$0.00"),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ibgolfn" wrote in message
I want to format the number from a cell as currency.

Example of my formula: =CONCATENATE("This is how much it costs:",A1)
The cell A1 is fomatted as currency but returns a general number. I need
it
to be currency in the Concatenated cell.

ibgolfn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Okay, we're on the right track. Can this work if A1 is at the beginning of
the formula, as in (A1) is how much it will cost.

Also, can I use this if I have multiple references to other cells like:

It will cost no less than A1 and no more than A2?

And finally, can I use an addition of two cells like the A1+B1 is the grand
total.

Thanks for your help this is terrific!

Ibgolfn

"ibgolfn" wrote in message
I want to format the number from a cell as currency.

Example of my formula: =CONCATENATE("This is how much it costs:",A1)
The cell A1 is fomatted as currency but returns a general number. I need
it
to be currency in the Concatenated cell.

ibgolfn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
=TEXT(A1,"$0.00") & " - this is how much it costs "
="It will cost no less than " & TEXT(A1,"$0.00") & "and no more than " &
TEXT(A1,"$0.00")
="it will cost" & TEXT(A1+ B1,"$0.00")

all work on my pc. xl/2003

regards
FSt1

"ibgolfn" wrote in message
I want to format the number from a cell as currency.

Example of my formula: =CONCATENATE("This is how much it costs:",A1)
The cell A1 is fomatted as currency but returns a general number. I need
it
to be currency in the Concatenated cell.

ibgolfn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See inline responses:

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Okay, we're on the right track. Can this work if A1 is at the beginning
of
the formula, as in (A1) is how much it will cost.

=IF(COUNT(A1),TEXT(A1,"$0.00"),"--")&" is how much it will cost"

Also, can I use this if I have multiple references to other cells like:
It will cost no less than A1 and no more than A2?

="It will cost no less than "&IF(COUNT(A1),TEXT(A1,"$0.00"),"--")&" and no
more than "&IF(COUNT(A2),TEXT(A2,"$0.00"),"--")

And finally, can I use an addition of two cells like the A1+B1 is the
grand
total.

=IF(COUNT(A1:A2),TEXT(A1+A2,"$0.00"),"--")&" is the Grand Total"