Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Number Formatting in a concatenated cell

hi
=TEXT(A1,"$0.00") & " - this is how much it costs "
="It will cost no less than " & TEXT(A1,"$0.00") & "and no more than " &
TEXT(A1,"$0.00")
="it will cost" & TEXT(A1+ B1,"$0.00")

all work on my pc. xl/2003

regards
FSt1

"ibgolfn" wrote:

Okay, we're on the right track. Can this work if A1 is at the beginning of
the formula, as in (A1) is how much it will cost.

Also, can I use this if I have multiple references to other cells like:

It will cost no less than A1 and no more than A2?

And finally, can I use an addition of two cells like the A1+B1 is the grand
total.

Thanks for your help this is terrific!

Ibgolfn

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this:

="This is how much it costs: "&IF(COUNT(A1),TEXT(A1,"$0.00"),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ibgolfn" wrote in message
I want to format the number from a cell as currency.

Example of my formula: =CONCATENATE("This is how much it costs:",A1)
The cell A1 is fomatted as currency but returns a general number. I need
it
to be currency in the Concatenated cell.

ibgolfn