Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default A staying on schedule formula:

See if you can follow this amatuer please.

The formula I need is for cell N7

1. Cells C7:M7 will be numbers from "dates" subtracted in the two cells
directly above. C7:M7 will total in N7

2. I can use conditional formatting to turn text red/green if C7 is more or
less than 14. (actual numbers below)

3. C7 uses 14 days (C7 will turn red/green if more or less than than 14
4. D7 uses 7 days (D7 will turn red/green if more or less than than 7

(OK, on schedule so far thru 2 process's 21days or less.
Box N7 needs to remain green. Even if C7 is 16(red) and D7 is 5(green) (21)
I'm still on schedule in N7 (Green)

Across my cells C7:M7 these are my actual scheduled numbers:

C7 D7 E7 F7 G7 H7 I7 J7 K7 L7 M7 N7
14 7 7 14 7 7 7 7 7 7 14 Total

If you follow my process any cell could be red or green. Over or under the
alotted number below. But if I fall behind and go red, and make up the time
to be on or under the total to that process or cell, I would like N7 to be
Red or Green, On schedule or off.

I wish I could say this easier. It's a running total and I can catch up or
fall behind any of the 11 days. So it's like
1 checks 1. to N7
2 checks 1 and 2, to N7
3 checks 1,2,3
4 checks 1,2,3,4 and so on.

N7 is the key cell to tell me if "overall" I am on schedule.

Example: Day 7 (I7) = allows for 59 days Regardless of the previous 6
entries if I am 59 or below N7 would show Green, over 59 Red.

Wow. Now I have a headache.

Do you too?

Thank you for looking. Sorry if what I ask can't be done.

You guys have ALWAYS been great. And your expertise is admired and gracious.

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My confidence understanding your business rules is weak, but you may wish to
consider for the respective C7 - M7 a lookup list on another sheet
referencing the respective task class target days to complete or similar.
Then if a particular cell exceeds this limit per it's score would be 1,
whereas if it were w/in the limiter it would be zero, further a total score
of "n" for any row (groups or class of of tasks) could be further scored as
anything that is "n" days over would be w/in compliance and any over would
again score a 1, ok I feel your pain, perhaps you could leave out the
coloring and just reduce it to a boolean and do the make pretty portion of
this project once you have a working model.....

"Mark" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I agree I can make pretty after the fix. Now if I only understood in laymens
terms what you meant. I completely understand that this is a language unto
itself, and takes years of experience. Although I can do basic things, I
strive to learn and do much greater things.

Thanks Mark