Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linked Cells If Statement

I am trying to set up an If Statement so that if Cell A2 has an 11 inside of
it, whatever contents are in cell H2 will also appear in cell K2.

This is the IF Statement that I have in cell K2,
=IF(Sheet1!A2="11","H2",""), but in cell K2 the text H2 appears instead of
the contents in cell H2. I understand why that's happening but I don't know
how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just remove the quotes from around "H2".

=IF(Sheet1!A2="11",H2,"")

The quotes tell Excel to treat what is inside as literal text.

HTH
Elkar