Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KPA KPA is offline

Default Worksheet Calculations not working

I have used a worksheet for client expense accounts for about six months.
When I updated data for the month of Jan, the formulas aren't running the
calculations to create the running balance... I have about 20 clients in one
workbook and 40 in another, and neither workbook is functioning. I can't
figure out what changed...

There are three columns to enter expenses and one for deposits, with a
running balance in the right column. I'd appreciate suggestions on how to
get back on track.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I suspect that calculation has got set to Manual.
What happens if you press F9?

ToolsOptionsCalculationautomatic

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"KPA" wrote in message
I have used a worksheet for client expense accounts for about six months.
When I updated data for the month of Jan, the formulas aren't running the
calculations to create the running balance... I have about 20 clients in
one
workbook and 40 in another, and neither workbook is functioning. I can't
figure out what changed...

There are three columns to enter expenses and one for deposits, with a
running balance in the right column. I'd appreciate suggestions on how to
get back on track.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

check if the Manual Calculation mode is ticked,
access thru :

1) Tool on the menu bar
2) select Option
3) Calculation tab
4) check on the Automatic checkbox under Calculation

Alternatively, you may press F9 key on your keyboard requesting Excel to
re-calculate.

HTH

--
Pls click on the Yes button below if this posting is helpful.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"KPA" wrote:

I have used a worksheet for client expense accounts for about six months.
When I updated data for the month of Jan, the formulas aren't running the
calculations to create the running balance... I have about 20 clients in one
workbook and 40 in another, and neither workbook is functioning. I can't
figure out what changed...

There are three columns to enter expenses and one for deposits, with a
running balance in the right column. I'd appreciate suggestions on how to
get back on track.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First thing to check is the Calculation Tab on the dialog box the appears
when you click Tools/Options... make sure Automatic is selected from the
Calculation section.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)