Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Display contents of adjacent cells

I am using the MIN formula to display the lowest value in a range of cells.
What formula can I use to display the contents of the cell adjacent to
whichever cell is selected as the lowest value e.g.:

A 1
B 2
C 3
D 4
E 3
F 2
G 1

Using MIN will show "4" but how can I also display the contents of the cell
to the left of the minimum value (in this case "D")

--
Nigel Sunley
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In my example I used columns G and H:

=INDEX(G1:G7,MATCH(MAX(H1:H7),H1:H7,0))

NB. 4 is MAX of your range!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Nigel Sunley€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I am using the MIN formula to display the lowest value in a range of cells.
What formula can I use to display the contents of the cell adjacent to
whichever cell is selected as the lowest value e.g.:

A 1
B 2
C 3
D 4
E 3
F 2
G 1

Using MIN will show "4" but how can I also display the contents of the cell
to the left of the minimum value (in this case "D")

--
Nigel Sunley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛Nigel Sunley€¯ ezt Ć*rta: