Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Urgent VLOOKUP HELP? Don't even know if this is what I need

OK I have two worksheets in one excel spreadsheet. both different info but
some info is the same with each other like name of person but different sales
$ amount..anyway I need to merge both into one worksheet the names to match
etc..is this when the vlook up comes in place?? I can copy and paste but
that's going to take me years LOL its a huge list! Thank you so much - I
don't even know where to begin with this

--
2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Assuming Sheet1 has the data you wish to extract to Sheet2, and column A on
both Sheets contains the name of the person.
Assuming the data on Sheet1 extends from column A to Column H.

On sheet2 in an empty column to the right of any existing data, enter
=VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$H,X,0)
where X is the column number of the data you wish to extract.
So if Sales is in column C of Sheet1, then
=VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$H,3,0)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Excel ??" wrote in message
OK I have two worksheets in one excel spreadsheet. both different info but
some info is the same with each other like name of person but different
sales
$ amount..anyway I need to merge both into one worksheet the names to
match
etc..is this when the vlook up comes in place?? I can copy and paste but
that's going to take me years LOL its a huge list! Thank you so much - I
don't even know where to begin with this

--
2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know this may be a piece of cake to you or anyone here but I just can't
figure this out
I have two worksheets, I want to create a
master one with both integrated - both worksheets have same persons name like
example - worksheet 1 column A has peoples names - then worksheet 2 colum c
has same peoples name like these
Worksheet 1 (this has a name) Worksheet 2 (this has name too)
Colum A Column C
1.Name 1. Name
2 John Doe 2. John Doe

But obviously in different order with different info except name I want to
match the names on each column to ONE WHOLE spreadsheet does that make sense?

--
2

"Excel ??" wrote in message
OK I have two worksheets in one excel spreadsheet. both different info but
some info is the same with each other like name of person but different
sales
$ amount..anyway I need to merge both into one worksheet the names to
match
etc..is this when the vlook up comes in place?? I can copy and paste but
that's going to take me years LOL its a huge list! Thank you so much - I
don't even know where to begin with this

--
2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I'm sorry, but I am not following what you are trying to achieve.
Do you want to send me a sample workbook?

To mail direct
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Change dot and at to make valid address.

--
Regards
Roger Govier