Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Urgent VLOOKUP HELP? Don't even know if this is what I need

Hi
Assuming Sheet1 has the data you wish to extract to Sheet2, and column A on
both Sheets contains the name of the person.
Assuming the data on Sheet1 extends from column A to Column H.

On sheet2 in an empty column to the right of any existing data, enter
=VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$H,X,0)
where X is the column number of the data you wish to extract.
So if Sales is in column C of Sheet1, then
=VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!$A:$H,3,0)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Excel ??" wrote in message
OK I have two worksheets in one excel spreadsheet. both different info but
some info is the same with each other like name of person but different
sales
$ amount..anyway I need to merge both into one worksheet the names to
match
etc..is this when the vlook up comes in place?? I can copy and paste but
that's going to take me years LOL its a huge list! Thank you so much - I
don't even know where to begin with this

--
2