Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying row formulas to a column?

Can I copy a row of 12 cells/formulas, to a column of 12 cells. I
need the formulas in
the same order. Or do I need to copy each cell separately? thanks
for any assistance
Skip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select the row and choose copy
Select the destination cell (top left corner) and choose Edit, Paste
Special, Transpose.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Skip" wrote:

Can I copy a row of 12 cells/formulas, to a column of 12 cells. I
need the formulas in
the same order. Or do I need to copy each cell separately? thanks
for any assistance
Skip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would say depends upon whether or not all the formulas have absolute
references.

If absolute, copypaste specialtranspose.

If relative references, transpose will return #REF! errors.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:53:47 -0800 (PST), Skip
wrote:

Can I copy a row of 12 cells/formulas, to a column of 12 cells. I
need the formulas in
the same order. Or do I need to copy each cell separately? thanks
for any assistance
Skip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good point..........all depends upon where you select the transpose range.

Gord

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:39:57 -0000, "David Biddulph" <groups [at]
biddulph.org.uk wrote:

If you are lucky, transpose will return #REF! errors.
If you are unlucky you'll just get the wrong answers. :-(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use the transpose function

Suppose you want to transpose A2:L2 to B3:B14, then highlight B3:B14 and
then type the following formula =transpose(A2:L2) and confirm with
Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com