Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Extracting data that is not numerical

I need to create a formula that will go to another workbook and based on
criteria from the original workbook (matching address) return the sales
associate for that address. If the address is not found I will need the cell
to state "GSI". Similarly I need to do this for the Property Manager column
as well using the same criteria.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(isna(vlookup(your data)),"GSI",vlookup(your data))
--
Hope this helps.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"DMW" wrote:

I need to create a formula that will go to another workbook and based on
criteria from the original workbook (matching address) return the sales
associate for that address. If the address is not found I will need the cell
to state "GSI". Similarly I need to do this for the Property Manager column
as well using the same criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Gary!

Here is what I need, I tried what you stated and it didn't work very well.
I may not have been clear enough, it has been a loooooooooong day. I have
provide examples so you can see what I am trying to accomplish:

Below is the first spreadsheet where I need the information populated:
Marketer is blank and so is property manager at this point. What I need to
do is go to another worksheet and get this information. I have provided a
copy of the other worksheet below as well.

The blank worksheet:

Marketer Property Mgmt address

50 E 98th St
505 E 79th St
505 E 79th St
505 E 79th St
50 E 98th St

The other worksheet one colum supplies the property management name and
another populates the Marketer initials.

Please help me to do this, my brain is like mush today!

"Management Company
Name" BuildingAddress MS
Dalton Mgt 4 E 107th St Dan
Dalton Mgt 35E 106th St Dan
Dalton Mgt 1250 Fifth Ave Dan
Dalton Mgt 1590 Madison Ave Dan

I appreciate your help!

"DMW" wrote:

I need to create a formula that will go to another workbook and based on
criteria from the original workbook (matching address) return the sales
associate for that address. If the address is not found I will need the cell
to state "GSI". Similarly I need to do this for the Property Manager column
as well using the same criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assumptions:
The Blank Worksheet starts in Cell A1 with 'Marketer' as a header and ends
in Cell C6 with '50 E 98th St'.
The Other Worksheet starts in Cell A2 with 'Management Company Name' as a
header and ends in Cell Cell C5 with 'Dan'.

In Cell A2 of the Blank Worksheet, put this formula and copy it down...
=INDEX(OtherWksht!$A$1:$C$5,MATCH(C2,OtherWksht!$B $1:$B$5,FALSE),1)

In Cell B2 of the Blank Worksheet, put this formula and copy it down...
=VLOOKUP(C2,OtherWksht!B:C,2,FALSE)

To review 'Index', 'Match' and 'Vlookup', use the Excel Help.