sroehl

Default extracting numerical data

I have cells in my worksheet containing results from using ="text"&COUNTIF...
For example, one cell contains "exc 9", because there are nine times "exc"
is seen in the column. I want to know if I can extract the numerical data
from these cells to use in pie charts. Excel 2002 SP-2.
Tushar Mehta

If the number you want to extract always has a leading space before it,
you can use =0+TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1),1024)) where A1 contains the
string of interest.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions