Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Time Function

I am trying to create a time based schedule that will allow me to enter in 2
time values and calculate the difference and display the result as the total
number of hours (including minutes... shown as hour increment). For example;

1- I have formated my time entry cells to display as follows- 1:30 PM
2- I enter the times 1:30 pm (cell B2) and 2:45 pm (cell B3)
3- Now I would like to show the result in (cell C3) as 1.25 (note: this
would be 1 hour and .25 hours)

I tried the simple function =HOUR(B3-B2) and only receive the hours
difference and not the mintues as an increment of an hour. Can anyone provide
me with a function to return the result that I am looking for? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format the result cell as General or Number with 2dp, and then put
this formula in it:

=(B3-B2)*24

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 24, 12:10*am, Rich wrote:
I am trying to create a time based schedule that will allow me to enter in 2
time values and calculate the difference and display the result as the total
number of hours (including minutes... shown as hour increment). For example;

1- I have formated my time entry cells to display as follows- 1:30 PM
2- I enter the times 1:30 pm (cell B2) and 2:45 pm (cell B3)
3- Now I would like to show the result in (cell C3) as 1.25 (note: this
would be 1 hour and .25 hours)

I tried the simple function =HOUR(B3-B2) and only receive the hours
difference and not the mintues as an increment of an hour. Can anyone provide
me with a function to return the result that I am looking for? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Rich - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jan 24, 12:10 am, Rich wrote:
I am trying to create a time based schedule that will allow me to enter in 2
time values and calculate the difference and display the result as the total
number of hours (including minutes... shown as hour increment). For example;

1- I have formated my time entry cells to display as follows- 1:30 PM
2- I enter the times 1:30 pm (cell B2) and 2:45 pm (cell B3)
3- Now I would like to show the result in (cell C3) as 1.25 (note: this
would be 1 hour and .25 hours)

I tried the simple function =HOUR(B3-B2) and only receive the hours
difference and not the mintues as an increment of an hour. Can anyone provide
me with a function to return the result that I am looking for? Thanks..- Hide quoted text -