Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GEM GEM is offline

Default Leaving Cell Blank.

I am adding and subtracting time, simple "=B1-A1" formula, where B1 is OUT
time and A1 is IN time.

Ex.
A1 = 9:00
B1 = 17:00

The answer for "=B1-A1" is 8:00.

My question is this, if I have time entered into A1 and no time entered in
B1 I will get "#####" as a result in the cell where I have my formula set.
How can the cell stay blank without the "####"??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There will definitely be time-out for the day, neverthe less,
try this

=IF(B1="","",B1-A1)

--
Your feedback is very much appreciate, pls click on the Yes button below if
this posting is helpful.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"GEM" wrote:

I am adding and subtracting time, simple "=B1-A1" formula, where B1 is OUT
time and A1 is IN time.

Ex.
A1 = 9:00
B1 = 17:00

The answer for "=B1-A1" is 8:00.

My question is this, if I have time entered into A1 and no time entered in
B1 I will get "#####" as a result in the cell where I have my formula set.
How can the cell stay blank without the "####"??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi GEM

Thank you for your feedback, Glad it work for you.
Would you click the Yes button below
--
Your feedback is very much appreciate, pls click on the Yes button below if
this posting is helpful.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"GEM" wrote: