Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Leaving a cell blank

I have a range of cells (A1 to F1) that I fill with dates. In cell A1 I put
the date in (8/24/08) then use the control,+ and ; keys to drag the dates
across to the end or last cell. Now, How can I do this and skip one cell?
A1=8/24
A2=8/25
A3= skip the cell I want to leave it blank
A4= 8/26
A5=Etc
thanks,
Art
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Is it just one cell that you want to leave blank or every third cell? If
every third cell then enter:

=IF(MOD(ROW(),3)=0,"",LOOKUP(10^10,$A$1:A1)+1)

In A2, format the cell as a Date then drag down on the fill handle.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Skip cell with dates" <Skip cell with

wrote in message ...
I have a range of cells (A1 to F1) that I fill with dates. In cell A1 I put
the date in (8/24/08) then use the control,+ and ; keys to drag the dates
across to the end or last cell. Now, How can I do this and skip one cell?
A1=8/24
A2=8/25
A3= skip the cell I want to leave it blank
A4= 8/26
A5=Etc
thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sandy,

It's only one cell.Starting with B1 and ending with G1. I would like to
leave D1 blank.
Have the dates skip over this cell.
Art

wrote in message ...
I have a range of cells (A1 to F1) that I fill with dates. In cell A1 I put
the date in (8/24/08) then use the control,+ and ; keys to drag the dates
across to the end or last cell. Now, How can I do this and skip one cell?
A1=8/24
A2=8/25
A3= skip the cell I want to leave it blank
A4= 8/26
A5=Etc
thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Shorter version:

=IF(COLUMN(B1)=3,"",MAX(A1:B1)+1)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
In C1 enter:

=IF(COLUMN(B1)=3,"",IF(COLUMN(B1)=4,A1+1,B1+1))

and copy across to G1.

--
HTH

Sandy