Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LPS LPS is offline

Default XL2000: Depdendent Validations and IF Statement

Using Excel 2000 (and Windows XP) is it possible to combine the IF statement
with a depdendent Validation? For example, my client wants to have a
validation list which contains either "Yes" or "No". If the user selects
"No", my clients wants the next validation list to offer only "N/A". That
part is not a problem. Where this gets tricky is with the "Yes" option. If
the user selects "Yes", my client wants the next validaon to execute an "If"
statement. My quesions is, Can this be done and if so, how does one set it
up?

All help is always greatly appreciated. Cheers,
--
LPS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I think you are talking of dependent validation lists. Please refer to the
following link

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"LPS" wrote in message
Using Excel 2000 (and Windows XP) is it possible to combine the IF
statement
with a depdendent Validation? For example, my client wants to have a
validation list which contains either "Yes" or "No". If the user selects
"No", my clients wants the next validation list to offer only "N/A". That
part is not a problem. Where this gets tricky is with the "Yes" option.
If
the user selects "Yes", my client wants the next validaon to execute an
"If"
statement. My quesions is, Can this be done and if so, how does one set
it
up?

All help is always greatly appreciated. Cheers,
--
LPS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LPS LPS is offline

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is what I said in my original
question... my client is using depdendent validation lists but I cannot
figure out if you can use the IF statement in a depdendent validation list,
and if you can, how do you do it.

Thanks,
--
LPS

"LPS" wrote in message
Using Excel 2000 (and Windows XP) is it possible to combine the IF
statement
with a depdendent Validation? For example, my client wants to have a
validation list which contains either "Yes" or "No". If the user selects
"No", my clients wants the next validation list to offer only "N/A". That
part is not a problem. Where this gets tricky is with the "Yes" option.
If
the user selects "Yes", my client wants the next validaon to execute an
"If"
statement. My quesions is, Can this be done and if so, how does one set
it
up?

All help is always greatly appreciated. Cheers,
--
LPS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I think you can write an IF() statement in the Source box. I have not tried
it though.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com