Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Offset Q

Could someone help me figure out the offset function

I have a reference in cell AG2 of =Fig!K10, I want to drag this to AS2
with values of =Fig!K11; =Fig!K12 etc etc

How can I do that without entering all these references manually?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Offset uses reference point, how far down, how far right, and what size
(optional)
For you:
=OFFSET(Fig!K10,COLUMN(A$1)-1,0)
This says to look at K10, then move x amount of rows down, where x equals
the column of A1-1 (0), thus returning K10. When you copy to the right, x
becomes column of B1 (2) - 1 = 1, thus returning K11.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Seanie" wrote:

Could someone help me figure out the offset function

I have a reference in cell AG2 of =Fig!K10, I want to drag this to AS2
with values of =Fig!K11; =Fig!K12 etc etc

How can I do that without entering all these references manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Put this in AG2 and drag righ and it will increment the row

=INDIRECT("Fig!K"&COLUMN(J1))

Mike

"Seanie" wrote:

Could someone help me figure out the offset function

I have a reference in cell AG2 of =Fig!K10, I want to drag this to AS2
with values of =Fig!K11; =Fig!K12 etc etc

How can I do that without entering all these references manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops, forgot to make reference point an absolute reference.

=OFFSET(Fig!$K$10,COLUMN(A1)-1,0)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Seanie" wrote:

Could someone help me figure out the offset function

I have a reference in cell AG2 of =Fig!K10, I want to drag this to AS2
with values of =Fig!K11; =Fig!K12 etc etc

How can I do that without entering all these references manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much, excellent post

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's another way:

=INDEX(Fig!$K10:$K23,COLUMNS($AG2:AG2))

Copy across as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Seanie" wrote in message
Could someone help me figure out the offset function

I have a reference in cell AG2 of =Fig!K10, I want to drag this to AS2
with values of =Fig!K11; =Fig!K12 etc etc

How can I do that without entering all these references manually?

Help with Offset kazoo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 26th 08 10:24 PM
Compare Cell Values, Offset(-1,0), Offset(-1,-1), and xlFillDefaul RyGuy Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 28th 07 10:54 PM
Offset Help Hunter Excel Worksheet Functions 5 January 26th 07 02:21 PM
offset Larry Excel Worksheet Functions 4 May 12th 05 04:10 AM
SUM(OFFSET)? Mike Fogleman Excel Worksheet Functions 10 December 29th 04 08:39 PM