Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with Offset

I am using offset to copy some data from another worksheet. Unfortunately,
the number of rows varies from column to column.

If I drag the cursor down, it displays "0" in the cells that do not have any
data from the original worksheet. Is there a way to not display the "0"? I
want to plot this data so it doesn't work to just reformat the cell to not
display the "0". It also isn't an option to just drag the cursor down to a
certain point on each column since my data is dynamically changing.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Test the source for blank,

=IF(Sheet2!A2="","",Sheet2!A2)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"kazoo" wrote in message
I am using offset to copy some data from another worksheet. Unfortunately,
the number of rows varies from column to column.

If I drag the cursor down, it displays "0" in the cells that do not have
any
data from the original worksheet. Is there a way to not display the "0"?
want to plot this data so it doesn't work to just reformat the cell to not
display the "0". It also isn't an option to just drag the cursor down to a
certain point on each column since my data is dynamically changing.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One solution:

You can get blank cell if you put an IF around your formula

IF(your formula=0,your formula,"")

this will put a blank in the cell where you are getting 0 now.

"kazoo" wrote:

I am using offset to copy some data from another worksheet. Unfortunately,
the number of rows varies from column to column.

If I drag the cursor down, it displays "0" in the cells that do not have any
data from the original worksheet. Is there a way to not display the "0"? I
want to plot this data so it doesn't work to just reformat the cell to not
display the "0". It also isn't an option to just drag the cursor down to a
certain point on each column since my data is dynamically changing.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, it worked great!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Test the source for blank,

=IF(Sheet2!A2="","",Sheet2!A2)

--
HTH

Bob

offset Rick Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 8th 07 12:45 AM
Compare Cell Values, Offset(-1,0), Offset(-1,-1), and xlFillDefaul RyGuy Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 28th 07 10:54 PM
Offset Help Hunter Excel Worksheet Functions 5 January 26th 07 02:21 PM
Offset. Joe Edwards Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 2nd 06 06:57 AM
=offset ??? myeaddress2003 Excel Worksheet Functions 4 July 14th 06 01:44 PM