Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default call range by cell value

I have a worksheet that I want to call data from another sheet using offset
the formula works using named ranges but the range changes by what is input
by the user into certain cells. I used this formula to test it.

=OFFSET(Roland,0,4)*OFFSET(Roland,0,1)

Roland is the name of the range on a differenent worksheet. The value in
cell b3 in the worksheet is the name of the range I want to use.
--
Roland
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT(B3),0,4)*OFFSET(INDIRECT(B3),0,1)

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.