Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i call a function to a cell?

Hi,
I am preparing an excel sheet and i am trying to make it carry out the
following function.
I have a dynamic list which has 3 entities (say A, B & C). Each entity
represents a math formula say (Form1, Form2 & Form3) and each formula can
reference up to 5 excel cells.
Basically my question is, is it possible to pick an entity from the list
which calls a formula and Illuminates the reference cells.
I know it sounds complicated and i'm not sure if its a function or
programming question but any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your list exists in say A1, then scroll down the reference cells you want
highlighted if they match.
select FormatConditional Formatting:
If Cell Value Is ------ equal to ------- $A$1
then set your format.
whatever you pulled up off the list will show your match by formatting a
cell in the "reference cells"
HTH