Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do i call a function to a cell?

I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

Bill wrote:

Conditional Formatting is a new function to me. Could you explain it a bit
more please?

Thanks, Bill

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

If your list exists in say A1, then scroll down the reference cells you want
highlighted if they match.
select FormatConditional Formatting:
If Cell Value Is ------ equal to ------- $A$1
then set your format.
whatever you pulled up off the list will show your match by formatting a
cell in the "reference cells"
HTH

"Bill" wrote:

Hi,
I am preparing an excel sheet and i am trying to make it carry out the
following function.
I have a dynamic list which has 3 entities (say A, B & C). Each entity
represents a math formula say (Form1, Form2 & Form3) and each formula can
reference up to 5 excel cells.
Basically my question is, is it possible to pick an entity from the list
which calls a formula and Illuminates the reference cells.
I know it sounds complicated and i'm not sure if its a function or
programming question but any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson