Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add extra function to formula

=IF(E3="ZEMO",U3,0)

I need to add reference to a value in another cell also and cannot
find how to do this.

The above looks at cell E3 and if it contains ZEMO returns the value
of cell U3. I wish to modify the above formula to only show U3 value
if cell M3="ZM" If it doesn't then 0 is shown in U3.

Can anybody help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3="ZM"),U3,0)

Will only return U3 if both E3 and M3 contain the specified values.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 14, 11:47*am, enquirer2 wrote:
=IF(E3="ZEMO",U3,0)

I need to add reference to a value in another cell also and cannot
find how to do this.

The above looks at cell E3 and if it contains ZEMO returns the value
of cell U3. * I wish to modify the above formula to only show U3 value
if cell M3="ZM" *If it doesn't then 0 is shown in U3.

Can anybody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This isn't clear. You can't have a formula that says

if(M3="ZM",U3=0)

formula can't push values they can only pull. Perhaps you could explain a
bit more clearly.

Mike

"enquirer2" wrote:

=IF(E3="ZEMO",U3,0)

I need to add reference to a value in another cell also and cannot
find how to do this.

The above looks at cell E3 and if it contains ZEMO returns the value
of cell U3. I wish to modify the above formula to only show U3 value
if cell M3="ZM" If it doesn't then 0 is shown in U3.

Can anybody help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 14, 11:58*am, Pete_UK wrote:
Try this:

=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3="ZM"),U3,0)

Will only return U3 if both E3 and M3 contain the specified values.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 14, 11:47*am, enquirer2 wrote:

=IF(E3="ZEMO",U3,0)

I need to add reference to a value in another cell also and cannot
find how to do this.

The above looks at cell E3 and if it contains ZEMO returns the value
of cell U3. * I wish to modify the above formula to only show U3 value
if cell M3="ZM" *If it doesn't then 0 is shown in U3.

Can anybody help?- Hide quoted text -

Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply. I've tried this but can't get it to work.
I've also seen my mistake, which is I actually require U3 if E3=ZEMO
is true, but only if M3=ZM is false.
so if E3=ZEMO and M3 is a blank cell, U3 is Displayed. If not, 0.

Thanks Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Change
=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3="ZM"),U3,0) to
=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3<"ZM"),U3,0)
--
David Biddulph

"enquirer2" wrote in message

Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply. I've tried this but can't get it to work.
I've also seen my mistake, which is I actually require U3 if E3=ZEMO
is true, but only if M3=ZM is false.
so if E3=ZEMO and M3 is a blank cell, U3 is Displayed. If not, 0.

On Jan 14, 11:58 am, Pete_UK wrote:
Try this:

=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3="ZM"),U3,0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 14, 2:50*pm, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
Change
=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3="ZM"),U3,0) to
=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3<"ZM"),U3,0)
--
David Biddulph

"enquirer2" wrote in message

Hi Pete
Thanks for your reply. *I've tried this but can't get it to work.
I've also seen my mistake, which is I actually require U3 if E3=ZEMO
is true, but only if M3=ZM is false.
so if E3=ZEMO and M3 is a blank cell, U3 is Displayed. *If not, 0.
On Jan 14, 11:58 am, Pete_UK wrote:
*Try this:

=IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3="ZM"),U3,0)

Thanks ever so much for all your help chaps. All works fine now.
Simon =IF(AND(E3="ZEMO",M3<"ZM"),U3,0)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for feeding back, Simon - so few do !!

Pete