jeroen

Default extra results in the MAX function

I am trying to maximize a column in excel. I want to get netxt to that result
the month in in wich this maximum turnover has been achieved

january 50.000
february 60.000
march 70.000

I know how to use the max function, but I do not want just as a result
70.000, but I want to see next to it that this result comes from the month
march.
Please help
--
jeroen
Peo Sjoblom

=INDEX(A2:A5,MATCH(MAX(B2:B5),B2:B5,0))

where A holds the months and B the amounts

note that if the are more than one max value the first occurrence will be
retrurned

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"jeroen" wrote:

I am trying to maximize a column in excel. I want to get netxt to that result
the month in in wich this maximum turnover has been achieved

january 50.000
february 60.000
march 70.000

I know how to use the max function, but I do not want just as a result
70.000, but I want to see next to it that this result comes from the month
march.
Please help
--
jeroen