Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to control drop down list width

This may be a bug... I have cells with validation set to a list. When I
display the list, the width of the list is much wider than the column. This
does not happen for all my lists, just a couple. The width of the source list
column is correct. There is no data in the list cells that should be making
the data wide.

It seems that the cell with the validation should be controllig the dropdown
list width.

Any Ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Only way I can replicate this is if I have merged a couple of cells and
placed my DV dropdown in that merged cell..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"DocBrown" wrote:

This may be a bug... I have cells with validation set to a list. When I
display the list, the width of the list is much wider than the column. This
does not happen for all my lists, just a couple. The width of the source list
column is correct. There is no data in the list cells that should be making
the data wide.

It seems that the cell with the validation should be controllig the dropdown
list width.

Any Ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not in my case. I have the list in a single cell that has not been merged.
I can send it to you if you'd like to take a look.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'll take a look.

Change the AT and DOT in my email address and send to me.

Gord